06 August 2008

What's Happening Wednesday...

Well since the family trend is 10 on Tuesday I figured everyone will be pretty tired of reading and may not have time to get to all of our sites in one day so I thought I would make my day Wednesday so I will have my 10 be on Wednesday.  Or well, whatever number I come up with as some others of you have found - depends on how challenged I am feeling mentally at that moment.

1. The girls have been practicing right along for the Pied Piper of Hamlin and the show is in a week - it is getting pretty exciting now, they had a 3 hour rehearsal tonight.
2.  Katherine and Lillian both wear the same size clothes - well I do buy bigger shirts for Katherine only because she is taller still.  But in pants they are the same.  After all they weigh the same and they are within 2" of the same height!
3.  We have already been school shopping and the girls have quite a sense of style all their own - each one separate and unique.
4.  We made mashed potato donuts earlier this week - for those of you who have no idea what these are I am sad to tell you that you are really missing out on something pretty special.  We even invited the neighbor girl over and taught her how to make them too.
5.  Pom Pom.  Both the girls are in pom class and loving it.  They are learning a dance routine that they will perform for us at the last class.  Lilly's is to some Barbie song - go figure with it being younger girls, she is eating it up even more so than Katherine.
6.  It is rhubarb season - you know what that means, I will be making pie for Mark (supposedly he is going to go visit with Joey this weekend and take the pie to my Dad's to share - we'll see)
7.  Did I mention fresh zucchinni from the Stuck's - well, since I can't get it from Gpa Mr. Stuck is the next best option.  I have enough to make at least 6 loaves.  I think tomorrow might be the day for that.  I will freeze them and they should last at least a few days.
8.  SWEET CORN - need I say more, went home this weekend and ate it at every meal, at least 2 pieces and brought home at least 3 dozen or so ears - my Dad is good to me. :)
9.  The girls went out to the fields all weekend with my Dad when we were home, there was lots of watering to do since it hasn't rained in a while so travelers to move and pivots to check and at every meal the girls were quick to speak up - now that they know how Pinka's schedule is - "Can I go" and they both went at once or took turns helping him.
10.  4 wheelers - the girls begged for a week before we went to Pinka's to go on the 4 wheeler's, despite his busy schedule he took the time out to take the girls on a ride to satisfy their urge - what a good Pinka.

2 comments:

Becky said...

how fabulous!! sounds like they've been having a very full summer! thanks for reminding me i have zucchini in the fridge. got to get it cooked up before it goes bad!

miss you, give the girls a squeeze for me.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jessica ... sounds like some great food at La Casa de Trimmer! Put me down for mashed potato donuts, and I promise to visit!

Love you!